Thursday, April 13, 2006

Song of the Day

Yoga Means Union by Ambulance LTD

Though the title of this post suggests a recurring theme, it's not intended to be. I am not a music critic and don't pretend to be. I'm just a fan. Besides, there are other people out there who are much better at informing and enlightening.

I've listened to this song repeatedly the last couple of days and it has really struck something in me. The interplay between the bass and the two guitar parts in the second half of the song sort of snuck up on me and I started having How Soon Is Now flashbacks. Not that it sounds anything like that, it just somehow evoked the same sort of trancelike brain lock.

These guys are from NYC, and I can't pin down their sound because it covers so many styles and feelings. There are distinct British influences, but they've got their own little niche. Right now I can't get enough of these guys. Go to emusic.com and check it out. Unfortunately the 30 second samples there don't nearly do any of the songs justice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home