Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Song of the Day

Today's moment of Zen is brought to you by Rob Crow. The song is Taste, from his new elpee Living Well. Songs like this are why I don't need drugs - this song makes me higher than anything I've ever ingested. I downloaded Living Well guardedly hoping to like it, because I'm a Rob fan from way back. I first heard of him in Optiganally Yours, a duo with Pea Hix. Rob's been in lots of other bands, most notably Pinback. He pretty much IS Pinback.

Anyway, Living Well is sort of standard-issue Pinback-like material until you get to Taste. When it first came on I had a "moment", an encounter with nirvana, a vision, an epiphanic stop-what-you're-doing this-is-more-important sound orgasm. I've listened to it at least 30 times since then, and the appeal does not seem to fade. How the hell is that possible? I don't even want to think about it because it would almost certainly detract from the experience. Bliss can't be explained w/out diminishing it, it's like the musical equivalent of the Heisenberg uncertainty principle. you just have to live it. If you're lucky, that is. When the moment is over, if all you can muster is "Wow", that's enough.

Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home