Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Sean Lennon

Jim told me I'd go crazy over Sean Lennon's new CD. It's not yet available on Napster or eMusic though, so I haven't bought it. But Napster is streaming the video for the song "Dead Meat".

Disclaimer: I have a well-deserved reputation for hyperbole, but when I find something I love, I immerse myself in it. I slip it on like a pure bliss bodysuit and wear it until it falls off, all burned out and ragged from overuse. So... having said that, I've listened to Dead Meat about a hundred thousand times in the last 24 hours, and IT'S THE BEST SONG WRITTEN IN THE LAST 5 YEARS AT LEAST. Seriously, it rivals anything in Elliott Smith's catalog, and tops everything on From a Basement on the Hill. It's right up there with Figure 8 and XO. I'm in awe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home